Property insurance protects your organization’s physical assets from fire, explosions, burst pipes,
storms, theft and vandalism. Earthquakes and floods typically aren’t covered by commercial
property insurance unless those perils are added to the policy (may require a separate policy).
What should I look for in Commercial Property insurance?
- Blanket Coverage – What is blanket coverage and how does it work?
- Type of Valuation – What is the difference between replacement cost and agreed value? What do you need?
- Cause of Loss coverage – Do you need special or broad form coverage?
- Keeping pace with inflation – Are you watching to make sure that your building valuation on the policy is keeping up with inflation each year?
- Is it worth carrying earthquake or flood coverage? Do you need mine subsidence coverage?