- Anyone who owns residential houses they rent to others on a long-term basis.
- Loss of use or rental income
- Personal liability
- Contents of owner but not of tenant
- Age of dwelling
- Type of construction
- Replacement Cost or Market Value of dwelling
- Fire protection afforded this location
- Claim history
- The building burns down
- A visitor to the property trips on the steps
- You evict your tenant and are sued
- Personal property you keep on premises is stolen
This policy is similar to a homeowner’s policy in that it provides coverage for the dwelling, and liability. Dwelling fire is intended to provide coverage for dwellings you own and rent to others on a long-term basis.
Make sure your policy has guaranteed replacement cost for your building.